In everyday life, well-being can be referred to valuable precious stones. The enchantment and the vanity of being are able to deprive every person of the mental piece. In general, the mental piece can be described as the state of harmony between the surrounding world and man. Few are able to achieve this. If you try to reject the fears, doubts and try to master the recommendations of psychologists, then you will be able to achieve mental well-being.
Why people need peace of mind
Every day you can meet people with an unstable emotive platform. They are stimulating, aggressive, cutting. Such personalities “explode” at the slightest opportunity, they are constantly tormented by anxiety and doubts. The accumulated stress and psychological overvoltage pour into a number of severe diseases. The organism is prematurely staggering and losing its vitality. It is impossible to remove stress, alarm, safety, despair with pills without harm to health. And it makes no sense to heal the body without reanimating the soul.
At the same time, a mentally balanced person possesses a number of irreplaceable qualities:
- retains a clear and sane mind;
- acts rationally;
- does not give in to emotions;
- has the desire, openness, friendliness, trust to people and the whole world;
- preserves the self-confidence that helps to achieve success and good results in any matter.
Enemies of mental well-being
Even you have reached the desired state of mind and body, you can lose this feeling if you give in to:
- Fears. All people are susceptible to phobias. For every person, the stress can manifest itself in a different way and wear a completely different character. Some people fear the future, others fear the opinions of people around them, etc. Mental equanimity usually disturbs the stress before some event, which has not happened yet. A person hesitates and agonizes until the moment;
- Feelings of guilt. When they start tormenting the calls of conscience after a complete inadequate action, they disrupt sleep, appetite, and mood. A person experiencing guilt remembers about his/her misdemeanor every minute, and thoughts that nothing can be changed oppress him/her even more. Camping lasts until the situation is resolved;
- A load of obligations. Many people learn from the child that if they need to keep the word. But is not worth promising inopportune deeds. Some people try to fulfill a request because they cannot say “no.” Others deliberately try to show their excellence by promising many unimaginable things, even without thinking about what they are doing;
- Offense. If a person is offended by someone, then he/she loses his/her internal equality due to an excess of negative emotions. Possession turns to infringed self-love;
- Anger. Hate, resentment, desire for a place – this cocktail instantly destroys a person’s mind. Thinking over the plan of the place, preserving the aggression, recalling the inflicted evil, you twist yourself in your thoughts. This does not give you restful sleep and anxiety to think.
How to achieve peace of mind and calmness
- Belief. A believer is always sure that everything in life – both good and bad – has meaning, and any adversity is a good lesson and an opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Thus, faith gives a person a deep sense of calmness;
- Mental and emotional health classes. Inner tranquility training can help a person overcome self-doubt and get rid of fears. This is one of the best ways to achieve emotional balance. Many top mental courses are paid. However, if you feel you need help, you’d better find a way to take them. Many users even take payday loans to sign in for mental and emotional health classes. These are short-term, small-dollar loans that have relaxed requirements and are easy to get. Bright Lending is an example of an online short-term lender. Before applying for a loan, make sure this lender offers the most competitive rates and terms. Read a brightlending.com review on the Cardinal Bank’s website. You can also find other lender reviews on this online portal, compare them and make an informative decision;
- Self-improvement. Self-confidence is the basis of calmness; To approach a state of calm, you need to eliminate complexes and stiffness, foster self-esteem;
- Education. Calmness requires understanding – a person needs education in order to understand the nature of things and their interconnection.
How to calm down right now: 7 concrete ways
- Sit in a chair and completely relax. Relax every part of your body starting with your toes and gradually working upward toward your head. Confirm the relaxation with the words: “My toes are relaxed … my fingers are relaxed … the muscles of my face are relaxed …” and so on;
- Imagine your mind as the surface of a lake in a thunderstorm, when the waves are surging and the water is bubbling. But then the waves subsided, and the surface of the lake became calm and smooth;
- Take two or three minutes to remember the most beautiful and serene scenes you have ever seen: for example, a mountainside at sunset or a deep plain filled with the silence of the early morning, or a midday forest, or the reflection of moonlight on a ripple of water. Bring these pictures to life;
- Repeat slowly the words of calmness, a series of words expressing peace and quiet, for example: calmness (pronounce it slowly, in an undertone); serenity; silence. Think of some more words of this type and repeat them;
- Make a mental list of the times in your life when you knew that you were under the protection of God, and remember how He brought everything back to normal and reassured you when you were worried and afraid. Then read aloud this line from the old hymn: “For so long Your strength has guarded me that, I know, it will SILENTLY guide me further”;
- Repeat the following verse, which has amazing power to relax and calm the mind: “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.” Repeat it several times throughout the day as soon as you have a free minute. Repeat this out loud, if possible, so that by the end of the day you have time to say it many times. Take these words as effective, vital, which penetrate into your mind, and he sends them from there to every area of your thinking, like a healing balm. It is the most effective medicine for removing tension from your mind;
- Allow your breath to calm you down. Mindful breathing, which is a powerful meditation, will gradually bring you into contact with the body. Follow your breath as the air goes in and out of your body. Inhale and feel how with each inhalation and exhalation, the belly first rises slightly and then falls. If visualization is easy enough for you, then just close your eyes and imagine yourself being enveloped in light or immersed in a luminous substance – in a sea of consciousness. Now breathe in this light. Feel how the luminous substance fills your body and also makes it luminous. Then gradually shift the focus more to the feeling. So you are in the body. Just don’t get attached to any visual image.
As you master the methods suggested in this article, the tendency toward the old behavior will gradually change.